Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 2

As I worked on my laptop last night I found myself using a very different mind set from how and what I usually did when either working or just surfing the web. After yesterday's first class I ended up discussing with my wife and son how the internet can be used ideally to benefit our students. My wife suggested that ideally students can become higher level critical thinkers as they learn how to weave in, out and around the vast amount of information that is available to us. My son said that when he finds a science site that he will compare what he finds to other sites that he knows are valid. It actually ended up being a great discussion with a 13 year old who most of the time dislikes school yet who is so motivated to search our science projects that are well beyond his grade level.

1 comment:

  1. I found the reading helpful in clarifying some questions I had about exactly how using these tools can assist with developing critical thinking skills. It sounds like your son is light years ahead in some places--it can be really frustrating!

    ReplyDelete